Nigerian stock market ended its first trading session of the week on a bearish note.
The All-share index dropped d by 0.13% to close at 42,357.90 index points as against the 0.58% gain recorded last Friday. Nigerian Stock Exchange market capitalization currently stands at N22.16 trillion. Investors lost N28.65 billion.
- Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at +5.18%.
- Nigerian Stock markets trading turnover on Monday also ended negative as volume dipped by 12.40% as against the 20.63% surge recorded last Friday
- UBN, TRANSCORP, and UBA were the most active to boost market turnover.
- Market breadth closed positive as HONYFLOUR led 33 Gainers as against 28 Losers topped by ROYALEX at the end of today’s session – an improved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- MRS up 8.94% to close at N13.4
- UACN up 7.19% to close at N8.95
- INTBREW up 6.67% to close at N6.4
- DANGSUGAR up 2.12% to close at N21.7
- SEPLAT up 1.02% to close at N495
- JBERGER down 7.28% to close at N21
- NESTLE down 3.65% to close at N1450
- VITAFOAM down 3.48% to close at N9.7
- FLOURMILL down 3.17% to close at N33.6
- ACCESS down 1.61% to close at N9.15
- Nigerian bourse at Monday’s trading session was negatively impacted by losses recorded in large and medium capitalized stocks, amongst which are Access Bank, Nestle, Flour mills, Vitafoam.
- Cautious buying amid renewed profit-making seen across the market spectrum is envisaged.