The Nigerian Stock Exchange market posted gains at the end of the trading session today, making it the fifth day of a bullish run. The All-Share Index increased by +0.04% to close at 39,318.52 from 39,301.82 index points.
The market value of the Nigerian Stock Exchange currently stands at NGN 20.57 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at – 2.36%.
The market closed in profit as TRANSCORP led 25 Gainers, and CONOIL topped the 17 Losers chart with a strong bullish movement by the NSE ASI.
NSE ASI Top gainers
1. TRANSCORP up +10.00% to close at N0.88
2. LINKASSURE up +10.00% to close at N0.88
3. CORNERST up +9.62% to close at N0.57
4. FIDSON up +9.09% to close at N4.80
5. UNITYBNK up +8.47% to close at N0.64
NSE ASI Top losers
1. CONOIL down -9.33% to close at N17.00
2. IKEJAHOTEL down -9.09% to close at N1.00
3. SOVRENINS down -8.00% to close at N0.23
4. NAHCO down -6.67% to close at N2.10
5. JAIZBANK down -4.76% to close at N0.60
NSE ASI Outlook
The NSE ASI saw a bullish move supporting last week’s bull run. The start of the week saw slight gains as speculators anticipate a pullback soon. Regardless, the following stocks are on our watchlist: PZ, Guaranty, OANDO, STANBIC, HONYFLOUR, GUINNESS and Flourmills.
Nairametrics advises cautious participation in the stock market in this era of growing uncertainties.